Saturday, February 10th. 1pm - 5pm
This is a chess tournament for grades K - 8.
This tournament has six different sections for players, depending on their age and skill. Children play only against opponents in their own section. The first round is at 1:00pm for all sections. The tournament concludes around 5:00pm with an awards ceremony where the top players and schools receive trophies.
* Players should arrive around 12:45pm
* The first round begins at 1:00pm
* All sections are non-elimination, and all players participate in all four rounds
* Free game analysis for all players by one of our highly rated chess instructors.
* We provide FREE USCF memberships for all participants, a $17 value!
* For players using chess clocks, the time control is G/25 with a 5-second time delay
There are three beginner sections:
Grades K - 1
Grades 2 - 3
Grades 4 - 8
These sections are open to all children playing in their first chess tournament. They are also open to more experienced children with ratings under 400.
K-8 U-700 Section
This section is for players rated between 400 and 699.
K-8 U-1000 Section
This section is for players rated between 700 and 999.
K-8 Championship Section
This section is for players rated 1000 or higher. It is also open to lower-rated players that want more of a challenge.
Online registration is $33 before noon on the last Tuesday before the tournament. From Tuesday at noon until Friday at noon, online registration is $38. After Friday at noon, online registration will be closed, but on-site registration will be available from 12:00pm - 12:30pm on Saturday for $43. Players who register on site should do so no later than half an hour before the first round. (Players can still register after that, but they will miss the first round.) Chess sets are provided, but bring a clock if you have one.